The Taylor-Wilson Camp #10 has worked over the last thirteen years to recognize the Union Soldiers who fought in the Battle of Lynchburg between June 17th and 19th in 1864 as well as those Union soldiers who were held as Prisoners of War in the Lynchburg POW camp and Hospitals. The camp has placed four Memorial Plaques to honor the Union Soldiers on the former Lynchburg Battlefield, Sponsored a Civil War Trails Marker on the site of the former POW Camp, and funded the placement of a Virginia State Historical Marker at the site of the headquarters if General Alfred Dufay during the Battle. The Camp has also contributed to the funding of the National Civil War Chaplains Museum, which is a Liberty University and has assisted the Historic Sandusky Site, which was the headquarters of MG David Hunter during the Battle of Lynchburg. As a result of these activities the Citizens of Lynchburg have become more aware of the city's role in the Civil War and has also become more educated on the Union Soldiers who fought in the Battle of Lynchburg.
Below are a few photo's of the memorial plaques that were installed by the camp.
Above: The members of the Taylor-Wilson Camp 10 stand with the Memorial Tablet erected by the camp in memory of the Union men of West Virginia who died during the Battle of Lynchburg in 1864
Left: The members of the Taylor-Wilson Camp 10 stand with the Memorial tablet erected by the camp in honor of the men of the 54th PA during the Battle of Lynchburg
The Photo's below are of the Memorial Tablet erected by the Brothers of the Taylor-Wilson Camp 10 in honor of the severely wounded Union soldiers who were left behind a the Sandusky House following the Battle of Lynchburg.